About Sojat Goat, Sojat Goat is a small village in North Gujarat. The village is famous for its goats with long, curled horns and even more famous for the wool they produce.
The wool from Sojat Goat is soft and has a high yield of raw cashmere due to the unique climate and quality of feed available at Sojat Goat.
The goats are raised in the wild and have long, curled horns due to a dominant gene. The goats are not heavily grazed, producing fleece with a low fiber-to-fiber variation and no fat. Since the animals are raised in the wild, animals always have their guard up to protect themselves from predators.
- The Sojat goat is known for its long and curled horns
- There are two types of Sojat Goats: White Sojat Goat and Black Sojat goat
- Both male and female offspring have long horns, but only the males have them curled.
- The goat’s coat varies in color from grey to black, with a white belly and legs. A line of white hair is seen running from their tail to their nose.
- The color of their skin can also vary from light tan to brown.
- The hoofs of the Sojat goat are round and small.
- Sojat goats are known for their unique and soft wool.
- They are raised in the wild in North Gujarat, one of the few places where a goat can flourish.
The Sojat Goat is believed to have originated from the Sojat region of Gujarat. The goats are found in a few places in North India, like Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
The herders at Sojat mainly raise the goats for their fleece and meat.
Quick Fact of Sojat Goat
|Indian Cashmere Goat
|73-105 cm (28-41 in)
|40-50 kg (88-110 lbs)
|Juvenile Weight At Birth
|2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
|Also Known As
|Kashmir Goat, Cashmere Goat
|Not an endangered breed
|Not at risk of extinction.
|Sojat, Gujarat, India.
These goats are mainly raised for their fleece. The fleece is used to make cashmere. It is also used for producing undergarments, gloves, and other household items. Thumbnail of a Sojat Goat [to use as knowledge, not to be copied verbatim]:
Best 10 Farming Benefits Of Sojat Goat
1. This goat is known for their long, curled horns.
2. These Goats are known to have a good deal of muscle and can easily be trained by their owners.
3. Their fleece has a soft feel and high yield of raw cashmere due to the unique climate and the quality of the feed available at this Goat.
4. These Goats do not require much-grazed land; they only need low-maintenance grasses to eat daily.
5. These goats are the best in cold weather and can easily adapt to them.
6. These Goats require less water as they live on grasses with a lot of water inside them.
7. The goat has long, strong legs that can easily adapt to the mountainous areas of North Gujarat.
8. Since the farmers are very careful about their animals and the farm, there is no need for any veterinarian or medicine.
9. These goats are one of the few that can thrive in the climate at Sojat.
10. They do not live that long, so the farmers get a refund from selling the meat and wool, which is more than enough to pay for their feed and other farm needs.
The goat is a very special breed found in a few places, like Haryana and Himachal Pradesh. The herders at Sojat are also very careful about their animals and the farm, so there is no need for any veterinarian or medicine.
Sojat is a small village in North Gujarat. The sojat goats in the region are known for their long, curled horns and the wool they produce.
It is one of the few places where goats can flourish. I hope that this article has been informative for you. Thank you for reading.