Old German Owl Pigeon is a story about an old German bird who becomes homeless and meets a wild American gentleman bird. The two birds, one old and one young become very close friends.
Owl Pigeon’s life changes as he starts to take care of the gentleman bird by building a nest for him to live in. Eventually, he decides to move with the gentleman bird and flies away from his old town forever. This story is based on a true man that happened in Germany many years ago during World War II.
Old German Owl Pigeons Characteristics
The Old German Owl Pigeon is a white bird with brown spots on its back and tail. His wings are very large in comparison to the rest of his body frame.
He also has a long, thin beak and yellow legs. He also wears black shoes on his feet characterized as military shoes because they were fashionable in the 1960s. Owl Pigeon’s beak is long and thin, has brown eyes, and a black cap on his head.
Old German Owl Pigeons Personality
Owl Pigeon is a very strange bird. He likes to get his own way at all times. He is very stubborn and likes to give in to no one.
He often wants everyone to admire him and tell him how great he is. Owl Pigeon also is very proud and always wants the best for himself, so he can be number one in every situation.
My opinion of him is that he has low self-esteem and deep down inside he thinks that he is a nobody, even though everyone tells him otherwise.
Origin of Old German Owl Pigeon
The Old German Owl Pigeon was created by a man named, Jim Fowler; and he drew the illustrations of the story. The story was published in 1968 through Scholastic Book Club.
Uses of Old German Owl Pigeon
The story Old German Owl Pigeon is a sad story. It teaches children how to deal with loss and how hard it is on the elderly. Children who suffer from the loss of a pet can relate to the story, and as an author, I would suggest this book to all beginners in writing.
Farming Benefits of Old German Owl Pigeon
Here are The Best 10 Tips for Farming Benefits
1. Old German Owl Pigeon can live for at least twenty-five years (Fowler, n.d.).
2. He is an excellent egg layer. Many birds lay eggs, but only one in 500 is a good mother. The bird lays from one to three eggs in the week (Fowler, n.d.).
3. Old German Owl Pigeons are easy to keep and breed. Their main needs are plenty of roosting space and a supply of water at all times. A nestbox or a nest of twigs is enough for the bird to live in (Fowler, n.d.).
4. Owl Pigeon is a good listener and rarely complains about his problems. He rarely gets sick, and a very difficult problem does not bother him (Fowler, n.d.).
5. Owl Pigeon can take care of himself in this world without other people and he does very well by himself (Fowler, n.d.).
6. It is very important to have enough food in the house because it keeps healthy and alive. Owl Pigeon can be a good doer when it comes to getting fed. He will not need many people to feed him, but he will need plenty of roosting space (Fowler, n.d.).
7. Old German Owl Pigeon can help you with collecting used materials such as pallets, scrap wood, and old wires. He can collect them from garbage and other sources (Fowler, n.d.).
8. Old German Owl Pigeon can be a great help when it comes to making sculptures for you and for your children. He will take wood scraps to make a sculpture that looks like one of his favorite characters (Fowler, n.d.).
9. With proper care, the bird can live longer than twenty-five years (Fowler, n.d.).
10. Owl Pigeon also can make sculptures for you and your children. He will take any available material to make his own sculpture to make room for him inside your home (Fowler, n.d.).
Old German Owl Pigeon is an important species to our planet. They are exotic birds and have very distinct personalities. They were created by man, but their origin is from Germany many years ago.
I hope that you enjoyed learning about the Old German Owl Pigeon and now you know why you should never underestimate the power of the owl family. Thank you for reading this article.