Egyptian Pigeon Food is nutritious, protein-rich Food made from dried and ground seeds. This type of Food is mainly for Egyptian Pigeon feed because it has a high energy content quickly digested.
It was thought that people used pigeon feed as a cheap source of protein in ancient times while pursuing the hunt.
Pigeons are also beneficial to crops because they eat pests such as housefly larvae, mites, and grasshoppers.
Why give your pigeons this Food?
This is one of the best pigeon food available to feed your pigeons. This Food has a high protein content which is 10%. It also contains calcium and phosphorus that your pigeons need.
The food supply for Egyptian Pigeon is usually available from pet shops and can also be found in bird markets.
Is Egyptian Pigeon Food good for baby pigeons?
Baby pigeons need a very soft diet, so this kind of Food is best for them. Since the Food is a powder, it can be easily mixed with the right amount of water.
This means that feeding your pigeons won’t be a problem. It is recommended that you incorporate the Food when you want to feed them and feed them fresh.
This Food can also be used as a very rich source of protein for growing pigeons. If your pigeons are growing fast, then it is advisable to give them more of this Food instead of other pigeon food available in the market.
Is it safe for all pigeons?
Yes, this is good Food to give your pigeons. If pigeon owners want to offer this type of Food, they should check the ingredients included in the feed. The ingredients should not be harmful to your pigeons.
Pet shops tend to sell harmful and harmful stuff that can cause side effects for your pigeons, such as eye irritation, diarrhea, gizzard stones, and respiratory problems.
Preparation Of egyptian pigeon food
- 1 cup of seeds (corn, millet, sorghum, or broken wheat).
- 2 cups of powdered whey (milk will also work).
- 3 gallons of water at room temperature. If the water is hot, then it can be cooled. The consistency should be like oatmeal.
1. Clean and wash the seeds thoroughly in cold water. Shake off the excess water and drain.
2. Place the seeds in a large bowl with water to cover them with about 3″ overhanging the top. Let stand for 2 days (Note: It is not required that the seeds are completely submerged; some will float above them). Check the water level daily to ensure that it always covers all the seeds.
3. The next morning, drain the seeds in a covered strainer and then transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Add the whey and mix well to dissolve the seeds. Add water as needed to make a stiff dough-like consistency.
4. Transfer the dough to parchment paper, place in a closed container, and let sit for 24 hours at room temperature (Note: Place on a cookie sheet or screen for easy removal from the container).
5. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours before using as feed. If the dough is too wet, then add some cornmeal. If it is too dry, then add a little more whey.
1. Never feed pigeon food that has come into contact with human or animal feces (including your own if you are human). This can cause dangerous diseases like trichinosis, which may be deadly to pigeons.
2. Store dried seed mixes in covered containers in a cool, dry place; to prevent spoilage by molds and bacteria.
What Is nutrition in Egyptian Pigeon Food?
Egyptian Pigeon Food is high in protein; when you feed your pigeons this Food, your pigeons will gain the following nutrients.
Corn provides protein and vitamins to your pigeons like Vitamin B3 and B5, Vitamin C and can also improve the metabolism of your pigeons.
Best 10 The benefit of Egyptian Pigeon Food
1. It can be used as a good source of protein.
2. It is also a good source of calcium and phosphorus.
3. It also contains vitamins like Vitamin B3 and B5 that help your pigeons improve their metabolism and grow their bones and feathers.
4. The corn can reduce the amount of fat in pigeons which helps to reduce the chances of obesity.
5. The fat in this Food can reduce the chances of obesity and also provides energy for your pigeons when they are in flight.
6. This Food has a high caloric value that helps to improve your Pigeon’s performance and endurance.
7. The Egyptian Pigeon Food contains corn which is good for the health of your pigeons and can help with their digestion giving them more energy.
8. This Food has a low amount of protein that is healthy for the health of your pigeons.
9. This Food also contains vitamins and minerals that are good for your pigeons’ overall health. This can increase their metabolism.
Egyptian Pigeon Food is a very good source of protein that can help your pigeons gain more energy and grow their bones and feathers. It can also reduce the chances of obesity in your pigeons. Thanks for reading Egyptian pigeon food.